This popular Italian dish is quick and easy to make with eggs.
- 4 oz (115g) pancetta or unsmoked bacon diced
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) heavy (35%) cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125mL) Parmesan cheese grated plus additional garnish
- 1 tsp (5mL) freshly cracked black pepper
- 12 oz (345 g) linguine
- Flat-leaf parsley finely chopped to 1/4 cup (60mL).
- Cook pancetta for 5 minutes in a heavy saucepan on medium heat. Reduce heat to the lowest setting and add cream. Keep warm.
- In the meantime, combine eggs, Parmesan and black pepper. Set aside.
- Cook the linguine according with the package instructions until it is al dente. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup (125mL) of pasta water. Mix the linguine with the cream mixture.
- Stir egg mixture into linguine. If necessary, add a little pasta water to thin the sauce.
- Garnish the pasta with Parmesan cheese and parsley immediately.