This Creamy Garlic Parmesan Fettuccine Alfredo recipe makes a great, easy meal. To make it more substantial, add mushrooms, spinach, and grilled chicken! Garlic Parmesan Fettuccine is a must-try with fresh spinach, mushrooms and mushrooms! It is so creamy and delicious. You will love it for dinner. The flavor is so rich that the dish soaks in everything. Follow the steps below to make fettuccine for dinner. Your taste buds will be delighted!
- 8 ounces Fettuccine noodles (measured uncooked).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- Follow the package instructions to cook the fettuccine noodles. Drain and then put aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Place the sliced mushrooms in the skillet. Cook for a few minutes, until they are tender. Then remove them from the skillet.
- In the same skillet that you used to cook the mushrooms, add the salted butter. Cook the butter on medium heat until it is melted. Mix in the flour, and cook for one minute, stirring continuously.
- Stir in the chicken broth, heavy crème, parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Turn the heat up to medium, and simmer the sauce for one minute. Reduce heat to low, and season the sauce with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Mix in the spinach leaves. Cook on low heat for about 1 minute or until it starts to wilt.
- Add the mushrooms or your preferred substitute to the fettuccine noodles. Stir until the creamy sauce is fully coated.
- Serve immediately after you are done. Enjoy!
In place of mushrooms, you can substitute grilled chicken, squash, or sun dried tomatoes.