Authentic Pasta Carbonara is easy to make, full of bacon flavor, and smothered in a cheesy egg sauce that will make you crave more. It can be made in a few minutes.
- 1 pound of spaghetti pasta
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb. pancetta or bacon diced
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated pecorino romano cheese divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Bring large saucepan of water to boil. Season with salt. Follow the package instructions to cook pasta. Before draining, reserve 1 1/2 cups pasta water.
- Cook bacon or pancetta in a large saucepan on medium heat until crispy, approximately 7-10 minutes. You can drain the bacon fat, but keep 2 tablespoons of grease.
- Mix egg yolks, eggs and 1 cup of pecorino romano in a bowl.
- Mix cooked bacon and 2 tablespoons bacon grease in drained pasta. Mix the egg mixture with the reserved pasta water. Toss in the pasta for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm with the remaining cheese, freshly ground pepper, parsley, and garnish.