This delicious pan-fried tofu recipe can be made in just 15 minutes
- 60ml (1/4 cup) light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 spring onion, white portion only, thinly chopped
- 530g package firm tofu (see Note)
- Plain flour 100g (1/2 cup)
- To shallow-fry, vegetable oil or peanut oil
- 1/2 bunch coriander, picked leaves
- 1/2 red bird’s eye chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 20g salted roasted peanuts roughly chopped
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oils, vinegar, sugar, and garlic. Stir in spring onions.
- Tofu should be cut into 5-cm pieces. Then, slice horizontally in half to make 2cm-thick slices. In a shallow bowl, place flour. Dust each piece of tofu one at a time with flour. Season with salt & pepper.
- Over medium heat, heat 1cm oil in large frying pan. Tofu should be cooked in two batches for approximately 1 minute each.
- Place the tofu on a platter, overlapping. Spread half of the dressing on top. Sprinkle with peanuts, coriander leaves and chilli. Serve with the remaining dressing in small bowl for dip.
Notes for the recipe
Fortune Firm Fresh Tofu was used. It comes pre-cut into 5-cm squares. Any firm tofu can work.