This filling will give you a Mexican taco recipe with a delicious twist!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium-sized brown onion, finely chopped
- Ground cumin: 2 tsp
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Regular 500g Coles Beef mince
- 400g can of crushed tomatoes
- 10 jumbo taco shells
- 4 large iceberg leaves of lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Devondale Tasty cheese Block (500g).
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced.
- Over medium heat, heat oil in large frying pan. Add the onion. Stir for 3 minutes, or until the onion is softened.
- Mix in cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper.
- Stir for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add mince.
- Stirring with a wooden spoon to break down mince, cook for 8 minutes, or until golden brown
- Add crushed tomato. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- While you wait, prepare the taco shells according to the packet instructions.
- Divide the beef mixture evenly among the taco shells. Add lettuce, tomato chopped and cheese.
To give the tortillas extra flavour and colour, we followed the instructions on the packet.
White corn and wholemeal tortillas can be used in place of flour.