To help you with self-isolation boredom, Disney first released the Dole Whip recipe. It’s now releasing the equally delicious churros recipe just in time for you to start a new week of baking.
- 1 cup water
- 8 tbsp. Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Over medium heat, combine butter, water, salt, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 cup sugar in a 1 1/2-quart saucepan. Bring pot to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low
- Mix flour with water until it forms a ball. Let cool on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Mix eggs one at a while and stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Oil in medium skillet or 1 quart saucepan on medium heat until oil is hot.
- Put the dough in a piping bag with a large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strips of dough onto a saucepan. Cut with a knife and place in hot oil. Continue this process until you have enough churro bits to fill the saucepan.
- Fryer churro bites to golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to remove the churro bites.
- Use a paper towel to drain the churro bits.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix in the churro bites and stir until well coated. Place on a serving platter and top with your favorite dip sauce.