Orange liqueur, lime, tequila: Fresh, crisp flavors are the key to a perfect margarita. This is the one that we choose after trying all of the ratios.
- 1 lime wedge plus 2 lime wheels to garnish
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt for glass rims
- 4 ounces (120ml), high-quality blanco Tequila (please see note).
- 2 ounces (60ml), Cointreau
- 1.5 oz (45ml), fresh juice made from 2 limes
- Place lime wedge on the outer rims 2 rocks glasses. Salten the rims. Set aside.
- Mix the tequila and Cointreau in a shaker. Add the lime juice. Mix the ingredients with ice. Shake until chilled for about 15 seconds.
- Mix the margarita in two glasses and fill them with fresh ice. Serve with lime wheels.
The best tequila to use for this recipe is a premium one. If your budget brand is a bit harsh, you can swap out the Cointreau for lime juice or add 1/4 ounce of simple syrup to each drink.