You will have to take a bite out of my Healthy Granola recipe. It’s made with crunchy nuts and oats, naturally sweetened by honey and spiced up with warm cinnamon spices.
This healthy granola recipe has lots of vanilla extract, cinnamon, and the wonderful combination of sweet honey and rich almonds. This classic flavor combination is comforting and delicious. Granola can be mixed into yogurt or snipped by furtive fingers straight from the container.
You can also add wheat germ, unsweetened cocoa, and toasted almonds to your healthy granola recipes. You can modify them to fit your own pantry.
- 3 cups of old-fashioned rolled oatmeal gluten-free if necessary
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded Coconut
- 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Ground Flaxseed Meal Do not Use Whole Flaxseed
- 1/4 cup wheat germ substituted with additional coconut to make gluten-free
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey* I prefer raw honey
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- Mix-ins up to 3/4 cup: Chocolate chips, figs and dates, craisins and raisins, etc.
- Pre-heat the oven to 300°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix together the coconut, almonds flaxseeds, flaxseeds, wheat germ, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in the honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract. If you like a sweeter granola, taste and add more honey.
- Beat the egg white in a small bowl until it becomes foamy. Mix the egg white into the granola mixture. Try to incorporate it evenly.
- Place the granola on a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake the granola for 20 minutes. Then, take the baking sheet out of the oven. Using a large spatula flip large portions of the granola on the other side, making sure to not break them (this creates the granola chunks). Turn the pan 180°, and then return it to oven. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until the granola feels almost dry. It will continue to crispen as it cools. It is important to watch it closely towards the end as honey can quickly turn brown.
- Place the pan in the oven and let it cool on a rack. Then, break the granola into pieces of the desired size and add the dried fruits. Use it as a snack, with yogurt or milk.