This article will show you how to fry the perfect egg. It uses a tried and true method that produces perfectly cooked eggs sunnyside up, with a soft yolk and white. It also includes how long it takes to cook.
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil or unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Over medium heat, heat a small nonstick skillet or cast-iron pan.
- Mix the butter and oil together in a bowl. Instantly crack the egg in the skillet. Then add the water to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pan. Cook for one minute.
- The egg should be removed immediately from the pan. Salt and pepper to taste.