This easy lemon cream pie is not difficult to make. It takes only 20 minutes to prepare and you only need 6 ingredients. This includes a Pillsbury(tm), refrigerated Pie Crust. This Luscious Lemon Cream Pie recipe makes a mild lemon flavor with a creamy creaminess. It uses condensed milk and fresh lemon peel. This 5-star recipe is sure to please your family. Enjoy every delicious bite.
- 1 crust per box (14.1 oz). refrigerated Pillsbury(tm), Pie Crusts (2Count), softened according to the instructions on the box
- 1 can (14 oz sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated).
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2-3 medium lemons).
- 3 cups whipping cream divided
- If desired, 4 drops of yellow food coloring
- Turn oven on to 450°F. Use a 9-inch pie plate or a pie pan to make the pie crust for One-Crust Baked Shell. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool completely for about 15 minutes.
- Mix condensed milk with lemon peel and juice in a medium bowl. Set aside. Mix 2 cups whipping cream with the food color in large bowl. Beat on high speed, until stiff.
- Blend the lemon mixture with the whipped cream until well combined. Place in a crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours to set.
- Mix remaining whipping cream in medium bowl. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer until stiff. When serving, spoon dollops of whipping cream onto pie slices or pie. Keep covered in the refrigerator
Whipping cream can be replaced with frozen whipped topping that has been thawed. Mix the lemon mixture with 3 cups of whipped topping. Serve additional whipped topping along side the pie.
If you substitute lemons for the fresh limes, you can make creamy lime pie with different flavors.
Serve the pie with whipped cream, fresh raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries.
You can add 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel to your filling or fold the lemon peel into the topping of the whipped cream.